It's time to bring a new update for obsidian!

Obsidian General.

It's time to release a new upgrade fur obsidien?

Yes
75%
No
No votes
DK/NA/REF
13%
TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
13%

Total votes: 8

SANICADVENTURE2
Polygon
Polygon

It's time to bring a new update for obsidian!

Post by SANICADVENTURE2 »

Yes, this mod needs an upgrade with fresh stuff!

It's necesary, It's matter of time that valve releases another of their famous upgrades that break compatibility or make the OLD version unusable.

And please, make BM:S mountable!

Even synershitgy has shown signs of life, they promise future upgrades with fresh stuff and "awesome new content".

ANSWER COMMUNITY QUESTIONS OBSIDIAN KONFLICT TEAM!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
SANICADVENTURE2
Polygon
Polygon

Re: It's time to bring a new update for obsidian!

I want to make another question too. There will be plans in the future to port obsidian to the new source engine for linux and osx?
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

There's one thing you're not giving us, and that's time. And nope, now's not the right time for a release.
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
SANICADVENTURE2
Polygon
Polygon

But OC still alive right? I mean, under development.

The latest web page news date from January 2012. Some fresh news with screenshots and info will be appreciated!
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Fresh news not, but soon I´ll release something that with a bit of luck it will help gaining at least a bit of attention.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

crush3000
Pixel

Post by crush3000 »

I really don't mean to hound you guys, as you do amazing work, but I can't see any of that as a logical excuse. I mean it has been over a year now without a single word of any update. I would understand if you put something up in the news section. Anything, in fact, that would show that even if you guys aren't currently working on it, you're still there. My small group of friends and I love the hell out of this mod. We've tried several times to keep the community in a semi-busy state but unfortunately this has been met with no success. Our steam group flopped and we could arouse no sort of excitement either. People just didn't seem to care. Now it has even faded into the back of our memory. What used to be a weekly ritual for us is now just a spec of nostalgia. We havn't played the mod for many months. So I come back here every once in awhile to see if maybe something has come up, but I always have to delve into the forums to find a single post that has been made in the past month at least to retain a glimmer of hope. All I'm trying to say is, why don't you guys give us something? Even if you're not working on it; Even if your team has split up; Even if you're waiting for the "right time" to come back; Could you at least tell us what's going on instead of leaving the update page the way it was a year and 8 months ago? Again I don't wish to aggravate you, I'm just a long time fan of this mod and I can't stand this silence.
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

While it's certainly nice to see that there are still loyal players like yourself, it - unfortunately - doesn't offset the fact that there have been some major upstream (i.e. made by Valve) changes lately, such as the porting of most Source engine games to the Steampipe system, as well as the release of Source SDK Base 2013 (though it still suffers from some teething issues at this time). For example, the port to Steampipe broke many of our campaign MapAdd scripts, so that's additional repeat work to add on to the stack of stuff that's still pending. How long will that take? I can't draw an estimate either.

One thing is certain, and that's the fact that development is still ongoing and has not ceased. As for the silence, my own view on it is that there's no real point in announcing anything if there's nothing of much value in it apart from the equivalent of an "Oh hello, we're still alive. And nope, it's still not ready yet". If anything, I think that would actually wind up disappointing and discouraging watchers even more. Besides, where's the fun in a surprise post if all the secrets have already been revealed in earlier posts? :wink: Of course, this is but my own personal view of the matter and does not represent the shared view of the team.
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

besides, you should watch the shoutbox, there's a lot more action going on there as inside the forums itself
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Neico wrote:besides, you should watch the shoutbox, there's a lot more action going on there as inside the forums itself
*And the screenshots of the DEVs/Betatesters, and the bugtracker, and that now the mod is now on Steam with his community hub (not public yet)...

There are a lot of sources that indicates if we are alive. Don't be lazy.

Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

You guys need a live ticker of the code SVN. :P

I don't like the shoutbox having most the stuff though, as it's painfully retained. As you got to through pages of random content to find something. But hey, better than it not being posted at all I suppose.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

a live ticker?
showing the log and diffs of the code?
why don't we make the code public while we're at it...
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

Neico wrote:a live ticker?
showing the log and diffs of the code?
why don't we make the code public while we're at it...
That's exactly how it'd work. Of course I was joking.
crush3000
Pixel

Post by crush3000 »

It's not like I'm too lazy to look. Sometimes I spend hours in the forums looking for news, but I'm not exactly in the loop either. Like I said I really had no idea of what's going on or how to get any information. These things aren't so obvious to the average person. I figured you guys were still working at it, that's why I bothered to post. It's just that most people I know just assumed that the mod was dead and move on. The popularity dying down like that is a bit worrying. Always a good thing to get some confirmation however. It's unfortunate that Valve is changing so much with the source engine. Can't wait to see what you're working on!
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

There are more important things to worry about, like how everyday is taking more difficulty having a game without bugs due the SteamPipe updates.

SANICADVENTURE2
Polygon
Polygon

Valve screwed things again?

pffffffff