When you play..

Obsidian General.
LordDz
Polygon
Polygon

When you play..

Post by LordDz »

Just some small questions here.
when you guys play, how many do you usually play with? 2-4, 6-8, 10-256?
And when you play, do you just join a server, or do you tend to get a group of people together, then host/join a server with them?
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Re: When you play..

Post by Neico »

as much as are on the server I'm joining, duh

either joining the official one or a random one depending on my mood~
hosting myself is pretty rare~
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Is not currently possible to host a server, unless you had one working before the SteamPipe update.

The number of players that usually plays are random. Is easier to see five players on a server, although is common eight (the maximum by default). Years ago, when OC was the 1.34 version, I played on a server that had 32 players. It was pure chaos and fun.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Fankserver, was that? Perhaps I've gotten that mixed up with the 1.35 era, because I remember that deafening chaos of OICW gunshots on oc_starship_troopers in the latter.
Will probably never forget what that was like. :v
[thumbnail]http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/98419558-4.jpg[/thumbnail]

Anyway, I hardly ever play on public servers, so my pattern isn't at all representative of that of most players.
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

I'm not sure, because it was the last moments of 1.34 (when I appeared here) and the beginning of 1.35. It could be (although I think that the old official server had 32 slots during some time).

Also lol, you have three different FPS HUD elements at your screen, and no one gives the same :P

Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

The official server by now has 64 slots at max, most are reserved slots and for special use, so you usually only see 8 or up to around 14 slots if there are special people join (it's hard to change the max slots midgame, but opening up slots midgame is easy as heck :P)
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Neico wrote:The official server by now has 64 slots at max, most are reserved slots and for special use, so you usually only see 8 or up to around 14 slots if there are special people join (it's hard to change the max slots midgame, but opening up slots midgame is easy as heck :P)
Maybe someday, when we will on Steam, VS maps like Seamus will be played with a decent number of players.