Happy new year!

Obsidian News Archive.
User avatar
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Posts: 3001
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:12 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Happy new year!

Post by Shana » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:18 pm

We wish everyone a happy new year and hope you had great holidays!

This was initially meant to be a Christmas post, but Christmas preparations and celebrations kept me a bit busy, so please excuse the slight delay. :)


We've got good news for you!

We would like to welcome KittopiaCreator aboard the OC team, where he will be assisting us in programming! In addition, we have an additional member whom we will be announcing soon, so stay tuned.
So things are definitely looking better as we can actually make some progress now.

Sadly that's all we can tell you right now. We're still in the process of porting OC over to the 2013 SDK, so there's nothing really "new" until that's done.


See you in 2015!
Image

User avatar
daunknownman2010
Donator
Donator
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:57 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Happy new year!

Post by daunknownman2010 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:27 pm

Wish all of you a happy new year too! These announcements are just great to see.
"Only your heart is hollow enough to be a demon's"

User avatar
Maestro Fénix
Team Member
Team Member
Posts: 2453
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 11:50 am
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Happy new year!

Post by Maestro Fénix » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:16 pm

This year is the year, I sense it!
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Image
Steam photos | Steam videos


Image

User avatar
KittopiaCreator
Team Member
Team Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:55 am

Re: Happy new year!

Post by KittopiaCreator » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:40 am

Its a pleasure to be on the team, and I cant wait to see what the future holds with Obsidian Conflict!
We have some exiting stuff in store for you guys, and I am having a great deal of fun working with such a great team of awesome people!

User avatar
Plasma HeadCrabD
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:21 am
Location: china
Contact:

Re: Happy new year!

Post by Plasma HeadCrabD » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:01 pm

KittopiaCreator wrote:Its a pleasure to be on the team, and I cant wait to see what the future holds with Obsidian Conflict!
We have some exiting stuff in store for you guys, and I am having a great deal of fun working with such a great team of awesome people!
First of all. welcome. and what's you gonna do in team? make shaders or game function stuffs?
Current Projects:
oc_Maestro Fénix_HeadCrabD_Nz(just for boring)
oc_der_riese(don't even think about it.)
oc_nacht_der_untoten (work again!)
(also,you can see some pics about this map on my moddb blog.)
http://www.moddb.com/members/headcrabd
Image

User avatar
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder
Posts: 1811
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:39 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Happy new year!

Post by Neico » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:40 am

Pretty much everything that needs to be done programming wise, what exactly that is, is confidential for now :P
Mostly helping where there are shortcomings~

User avatar
Plasma HeadCrabD
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:21 am
Location: china
Contact:

Re: Happy new year!

Post by Plasma HeadCrabD » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:43 am

Neico wrote:Pretty much everything that needs to be done programming wise, what exactly that is, is confidential for now :P
Mostly helping where there are shortcomings~

Well. Then i hope steam version will be coming at this year :/
Current Projects:
oc_Maestro Fénix_HeadCrabD_Nz(just for boring)
oc_der_riese(don't even think about it.)
oc_nacht_der_untoten (work again!)
(also,you can see some pics about this map on my moddb blog.)
http://www.moddb.com/members/headcrabd
Image

User avatar
Seaal
Vertex
Vertex
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:25 am

Re: Happy new year!

Post by Seaal » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:03 am

Ya! Wish I saw this earlier! I haven't checked back in a while. I really love this game and I can't wait for the next update. You guys rock! :D

User avatar
Seaal
Vertex
Vertex
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:25 am

Re: Happy new year!

Post by Seaal » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:36 am

Excuse me for the double post, but in the next version, will there be more Broken Escape? I believe that is created by you guys?

User avatar
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Posts: 3001
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:12 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Happy new year!

Post by Shana » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:50 am

Yes, and the old maps will be almost completely revamped. :D
Image

User avatar
CorruptComputer
Pixel
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:45 am

Re: Happy new year!

Post by CorruptComputer » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:50 am

Shana wrote:Yes, and the old maps will be almost completely revamped. :D
Does it look like the game will be ready for a steam release by the end of this year?

User avatar
Maestro Fénix
Team Member
Team Member
Posts: 2453
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 11:50 am
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Happy new year!

Post by Maestro Fénix » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:47 pm

CorruptComputer wrote:
Shana wrote:Yes, and the old maps will be almost completely revamped. :D
Does it look like the game will be ready for a steam release by the end of this year?
Unless we suddenly get super busy with our lives and/or Valve decides to touch again Source, "maybe".


These things, they take time....
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Image
Steam photos | Steam videos


Image

User avatar
CorruptComputer
Pixel
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:45 am

Re: Happy new year!

Post by CorruptComputer » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:58 pm

Maestro Fénix wrote:
CorruptComputer wrote:
Shana wrote:Yes, and the old maps will be almost completely revamped. :D
Does it look like the game will be ready for a steam release by the end of this year?
Unless we suddenly get super busy with our lives and/or Valve decides to touch again Source, "maybe".


These things, they take time....

I would love to help, but I don't really know any source programming or 3D modeling but I do know Java and C++, is source similar to either of those?

Also, quotes seem to be broken on the "Obsidian Conflict v2" forum style: http://i.gyazo.com/5a8785c7a6a0cfb25b871ae5dbcc48e1.png

User avatar
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder
Posts: 1811
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:39 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Happy new year!

Post by Neico » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:45 am

v2 was never finished

And source is written in C++, it's mostly about learning how the engine ticks, sometimes literally...

User avatar
Maestro Fénix
Team Member
Team Member
Posts: 2453
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 11:50 am
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Happy new year!

Post by Maestro Fénix » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:18 pm

CorruptComputer wrote:I would love to help, but I don't really know any source programming or 3D modeling but I do know Java and C++, is source similar to either of those?
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wik ... e_SDK_2013

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/My_First_Mod

Give it a try.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Image
Steam photos | Steam videos


Image

Post Reply